Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Together in the Word - Prayer

Today over at deedees we are meeting again to share a nugget of the word that we have
read this week.

_________________________________________________________________

Please listen when I pray! Have pity. Answer my prayer. My heart tells me too pray.
I am eager to see your face, so don't hide from me. I am your servent, and you have
helped me. Don't turn from me in anger. You alone keep me safe. Don't reject or desert
me. Even if my father and mother should desert me., you will take me up.

__________________________________________________________________


Exploration:

Prayer is talking with God.........and if we listen he will talk with us.


Inspiration:

Prayer does not chane God it changes him who prays.
Soren Kierkegaard


No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it,
but he suffers from it.
Greg H. King

Teaching:

Prayer is mentioned 411 times in the Bible. The psalmist is asking God to listen when
he prays! and answer my prayers. Many times I have cried out pleasen listen to me.
On phrase I use quiet often is .............if the Lord hears our prayers, and we know He
does then we have what we pray for.........this scripture is found in the NT (I did not look
it up the Holy Spirit just inspired me to type it.) The wonderful thing is when we pray
God changes our prayer so we are praying in the will of the Father.

I have also quoted often the 10th verse, when my father and mother forsake me the
Lord will lift me up.........There are so many ways we can be forsaken by our parents
other than them leaving physcially. They can just not be there emotionally. Think on
this....

Affirmation:

Your eyes are open
and they watch me
and everything I see.
Therefore I will be careful
little eyes what I see.
Oh, be careful little ears
what you hear. I will be
mingfull of what I listen
too...because he hears
also.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah June ... just popping in to see what was on your mind today. Hope you are having a great week! -love Laurie

    ReplyDelete