Monday, June 8, 2009

At the well Have you been Overlooked

Gathering At the Well

Our study today at the well is Have You Been Overlooked?

1 Samuel 16:1-13

God had told Samuel to go to the home of Jessie, that one of his sons would be the next king of Israel.

Each of his sons passed in by and Samuel said, "God has not chosen one of them, are you sure there is not another one."

David had not been invited (he was overlooked.)

In studying this I saw something I had never seen before. David was not invited because he was ILLEGIMATED. Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.

I think David was a constant reminder to his father of what his mother had done, so, David found peace away from the family taking care of the sheep

His family may not have cared: but God knew:

Where he was, where he was going, and what he was going to do.

This excites me, God knew that David would become the greatest King that Israel would ever had. David so loved the Lord, that he danced before him with all his might. God promised him that he would have forever an son to set on his throne. That was fulfilled in Jesus. Now hold on. In the 1000 year reign of Jesus on the earth David will be setting on the throne ruling Israel. Jesus the nations with a rod of iron.....David ruling the 12 tribes of Israel.

My pastor has encouraged us to study the story of David.

Rahab - 2 bit hooker....saved the Israelites and her family....God knew

Noah - Average Guy....Beacame a ship builder.

Timothy - Mom was a Jew, Dad was Greek...halfbreed....God knew

Easter - Beauth queesn who stepped up one day....saved the Jewish race....God knew

Francis was born in New Your on March 24, 1820. In May of 1820, when she was only six weeks old, she caught a cold, and her eyes became inflamed. The regular physician in Putnam County, New Your, was out of town, and a man posing as a doctor gave her the wrong treatment. Within days, her eyesight was destroyed. Francis became blind for life. A few months later, her dad became ill and died. Her mon, widowed at 21 hired herself out as a maid while Grandmother took care of her. Before she was ten years old, she had memorized most of the New Testament and more than 5 books of the Old Testament. She got the opportunity to attend the New York Institute for the Blind. She went on to write some of the biggest hymns ever: To God be the Glory, I am thine O Lord, Pass me not, Rescue the perishing. Other people may have overlooked her BUT GOD KNEED WHERE SHE WAS.

The questions are: Have you been overlooked? Yes, more times that this I want to remember.

How did I feel? Hurt and I knew, I could do a better job, then the one chosen.

How did I react? I cried all the way home.

What can I do as a Titus 2 women, be sure I do not overlook the important things (or people) in my life. I have learned to give it to God, for the word says, "a Persons work will make room for them" I have learned to give it to God.



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your inner heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, glad that you joined us this week as we discuss being overlooked. -blessings, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing today!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the words of feeling you shared thank you

    ReplyDelete